There are several ways to view and edit your history in Firefox.
To view your browsing history in Firefox
- If you do not have a custom homepage set, you can click the History button in any new browsing window.
- Or you can always view your browsing history in the History sidebar. Open it by pressing Alt to show the menu bar, then choosing View → Sidebar → History. Or, you can use the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+H.
- You can also view your history if you click the hamburger menu button in the top right-hand corner of your window, then click History. This gives you a quick look at your history. From this menu you can also View History Sidebar.
- Lastly, you can open your browsing history in the Firefox Library. To open this view, press Alt to show the menu bar, then choose History → Show All History. The keyboard shortcut for this view is Ctrl+Shift+H. When viewing your history here, you can highlight individual pages in your history and press Del to delete them. Right-click any item for more options.
To clear your browsing history in Firefox
- Click the hamburger menu button and select History.
- Choose Clear Recent History...
- The Clear Recent History window will open. In the drop-down menu, choose how far back you want to clear the history, then click Clear Now.
You can also access this menu using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Del.